I’m gradually working my way through using, testing and analyzing the world’s best organic leave-in conditioners. This month I’ve been using Giovanni’s product.
Price: Around $10 for 8.8oz
This is a really rich, thick, luscious conditioner. I have quite short hair and am actually using these leave-in conditioners almost as a gel to give my hair some hold and style. This product is quite thick and rich. It feels good. If you use quite a lot of it and brush it through your hair you can even use it to style your hair. I brush my hair backwards and wait for the conditioner to dry then I either leave it or mess it up slightly. If you leave it brushed wet, when it goes dry it can dry hard like gel, but if you run your fingers through your hair it loosens up.
This is a perfect leave-in conditioner for anyone with short hair. However if you have long (and particularly long thick hair), you might find this conditioner too thick. In which case something like the MOP leave-in conditioner might be better.
- Aqua (purified water) with Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice
- Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil
- Nettle (Uritica dioica) oil
- Thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil
- Birch leaf (Butela alba) oil
- Chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil
- Clary (Salvia sclarea)
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
- Coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara)
- Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil
- Mallow (Malva sylvestris)
- Horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil
- Soybean protein (Glycine soja)
- Cetyl alcohol (plant derived)
- Tocopherol (vitamin E)
- Panthenol (pro vitamin B5)
- Trace minerals
- Citric acid (corn)
- Grapefruit seed (citrus derived)
- Fragrance from essential oils
This product is made almost entirely of organic, nutritious ingredients. It uses vitamin B5 to coat, protect and add shine to the hair shafts — you can really feel this. It’s got lots of nutritious ingredients that may benefit hair health if absorbed through the scalp — particularly horsetail, rosemary, nettle and lavender.
This is an amazing product. I’ve recently starting using MOP Organic leave-in conditioner which is much more watery. Compared to the MOP product, the Giovanni product is very rich and thick. So far this is the best product I’ve found, but I’ll keep testing.
More organic leave in conditioners
View all the organic leave-in conditioners here.