I’ve been using MOP Organic Leave-in Conditioner every day for about a month now. My conclusion is that this is a good product for anyone with long thick hair, but less so for anyone with short hair or relatively thin hair.
Who this product is good for
I have short hair and I’m actually using leave-in conditioner to style my hair, provide a little hold and to condition it. However I have found the MOP product is too thin in its viscosity. Before using the MOP product I used the Giovanni Direct organic leave in conditioner, which is much thicker and creamier. I was able to use that product to style my hair with a little hold.
This product will also help make your hair look a little thinner, which is ideal for anyone who has thick, unmanageable hair who wants to comb the product through their hair to weigh it down, keeping it closer to the scalp.
The MOP product provides a little hold but not much, which is why it is better for anyone who purely wants a conditioner and is not using the product to style their hair at all. Sometimes leave-in conditioners are used to help style the hair as well as improve hair health — these types of products are usually labelled with some styling function, but the MOP product is purely for conditioning.
The MOP product doesn’t really provide much hold at all, so it can’t be used for styling particularly as the hair will lose it’s style quickly as the product dries. This makes it ideal for anyone who wants to keep their hair relatively loose and free.
Good quality ingredients
- Water (Aqua)
- Cetearyl Alcohol
- Behentrimoinum Methosulfate
- Dimethicone PEG 8 Avocadoate (Avocado Source & Silica)
- Wheat Amino Acids
- Wheat Germ Glycerides
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey
- Ascorbic Acid (Sugar Source)
- Taraxacum Officianale Extract (Dandelion – Certified Organic)
- Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive – Certified Organic)
- Buttermilk Powder (Butyris Lac)
- Zea Mays Silk Extract (Corn – Certified Organic)
- Echinacea Purpurea Extract (Echinacea Source – Certified Organic)
- Lactic Acid (Sugar Source)
- Glycerin (Coconut or Palm Source)
- Daucus Carota Sativa Juice (Carrot – Certified Organic)
- Benzophenone 4
- Benzyl Salicylate
- Butylphenyl Methylpropional
- Contains aloe vera, which contains enzymes that may help keep scalp pores clear and work as a mild anti-inflammatory
- Contains panthenol (B5), which conditions and protects hair shafts
- Buttermilk and olive oil protect the hair shafts against damage
- Vitamin E promotes capillary health, which may help increase blood flow to the hair follicles, thus increasing nutrient supply to hair
- Olive oil naturally protects hair shafts from damage