In the many years I’ve spent researching hair loss and the key mechanisms of hair growth I have come to realise 3 crucial, yet seemingly wacky ‘rules’ to live by in order to prevent male pattern baldness. Before you read these I want you to know that you don’t need to live by these rules in order to stop your hair loss and regrow your hair. In fact these rules don’t include any of the methods I outline in my eBook that I personally used to regrow my hair. Now some of this might seem a bit crazy, but bear with me. There is logical scientific basis to these rules. Some of it may seem ridiculous, but believe me, if you stick to these rules you’re almost guaranteed to not only stop androgenic alopecia (male pattern hair loss) but even reverse it. The thing is, hardly anyone in the world actually does all of these things.
Rule 1: Never Watch Porn!OK this sounds crazy right? How in the world is this connected to male pattern baldness? The clue is in the name — androgenic alopecia — which is hair loss relating to androgen hormones. There are two major problems with porn, especially porn addiction, which has become far more common with the advent of broadband internet.
- Regular porn watching leads to far more frequent ejaculation. And ejaculation may increase DHT levels and deplete the body’s zinc and other mineral levels. See Does Masturbation Cause Hair Loss for more details.
- With increasing research of porn usage, some scientists are postulating that there is a link between regular porn watching and anxiety — which again links with hormonal changes and nutrient depletion. For more details read, Is There a Connection Between Anxiety and Hair Loss?
Rule Number 2: Eliminate StressThis one has got much more empirical evidence to back it up. In fact it’s been proven that high stress hormone levels has a direct correlation with hair loss. If you’ve grown up and developed a psychology that deals with stressful situations calmly you’re very lucky. This will help you a lot in life. If you’re unlucky and you know you regularly get stressed, anxious or worried, you need to do something about it. This is a simple rule to stopping hair loss: stop the stress. However you do it, do it. The alternative is live a life stressed out and bald. No one wants that. If you want to learn how I ended my crippling anxiety, check out How to Stop Stress Related Hair Loss. Don’t live with it. Fix it.
Rule Number 3: Eliminate Processed Foods from your DietFor a long time I couldn’t believe this could really significantly impact hair growth. That is until I eliminated junk food from my diet. I give a caveat to that last sentence — I do still eat junk food, but I went six months on a completely ‘clean diet’ before gradually moving back to a normal diet. In that six months I saw great improvements in my hair, skin, sleep quality, energy levels and mental focus. Now I plan to go back to a clean diet as I’ve allowed the quality of my diet to decline again. I look forward to going back into the world of clarity! During my research I’ve learnt a lot about the negative affects junk food has on various elements of your body.
- It can cause your blood to become more acidic, producing an environment that works against your body
- It can overwork your liver causing it to store toxic matter and fat
- It can affect your stress levels, energy levels and quality of sleep