Capixyl is a recently launched product that targets one of the most common mechanisms involved in hair loss. It reduces the production of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) which causes miniaturization of hair follicles thus causing hair loss.
Capixyl is mainly composed of two active ingredients; namely AcetylTetrapeptide-3 and Trifolium Pratense. Other components include water, butylene alcohol, and dextran. Water and butylene alcohol are solvents for the active ingredients while dextran increases the viscosity of the product.
How to Trigger Rapid Hair Growth
Both ingredients in Capixyl work synergistically. Biochanin A which is the active ingredient in Trifolium Pratense in an effective inhibitor of 5α reductase activity thus inhibiting the production of DHT. Acetyl tetra peptide-3 is a biomimetic peptide that is synthesized in the laboratory and mimics the behavior of a natural peptide. It remodels the hair follicle proteins and causes better healing of the tissue.
Following are the effects seen with the use of capixyl in laboratory studies:
It has shown a clear increase in Anagen hair density thus promoting hair growth. A decrease in the Telogen hair density shows decreased hair loss. When the peptide acts synergistically with biochanin A, it has shown to be more effective in reducing pro-inflammatory cytokines thus reducing inflammation in the scalp. Acetyl tetrapeptide-3 renews and remodels extracellular matrix and promotes the production of anchoring proteins thus leading to better hair follicle size and better anchoring. It also works on the dermal-epidermal junction by promoting the formation of Collagen VII. All these effects combined leads to healthier and thicker hair with greater anchorage. Capixyl has an excellent safety profile. It is skin tolerant and is also safe to use around eyes.
- Alopecia treatment for women with hair Capixyl, PR Newswire. (2016). Retrieved from: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/alopecia-treatment-for-women-with-hair-capixyl-144317855.html
- Capixyl, anti-aging hair care complex. Retrieved from: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0319/8073/files/Capixyl_marketing_brochure__low_res.pdf
- Capixyl. Retrieved from: http://usuge-nukege-taisaku.com/wp-content/uploads/2717fd581468bcfd494ad621e7a24bc0.pdf
- How does it work, The Brighton hair loss clinic. Retrieved from: https://www.thebrightonhairlossclinic.co.uk/how-does-it-work/
- Herskovitz, Ingrid and Tosti, Antonella. 2013. Female pattern hair loss, International journal of endocrinology metabolism , 11(4).
- Levy, L. Lauren and Emer J.Jason. (2013) .Female pattern alopecia, International journal of womens health, 5(541-556).
- Loma. (2016). Hair loss treatment with capixyl. Retrieved from: http://hairmomentum.com/hair-loss-capixyl/