What it is
Please note: Lipogaine shampoo contains ketoconazole when bought in the United States but I bought a bottle in the UK and it didn’t contain ketoconazole. In fact the UK version is not very good. The version sold in America on the other hand is really good.
Reasons for choosing it
- Contains castor oil, which is a rich source of ricinoleic acid, which is a natural plant extract that increases scalp PGE2: PGE2 is found in greater amounts in scalps healthy scalps and much less so in balding scalps
- Contain caffeine, which reduces scalp DHT. DHT is the hormone that cause smale pattern hair loss.
- Contains nettle, which is also believed to reduce scalp DHT.
- Contains saw palmetto, which may reduce DHT in the scalp
- Rosemary has been shown to have some pretty good results reversing alopecia areata
- Green tea contains the polyphenol EGCG. EGCG can bind with andrgoen receoptors in the scalp, reducing the number of receptors available for DHT to bind to, helping prevent hair loss caused by DHT.
- Contains beta sitosterol, a plant sterol that reduces DHT.
- Contains niacin, which may help increase blood circulation in the scalp
- Contains soy isoflavones, which are also thought to decrease DHT.
- Buy online (USA)