Overall the best hair loss shampoo for men is Ultrax Labs Hair Surge (see below). However it’s very very expensive, so if you’re male I’d actually recommend using Nizoral three times per week and one of the other shampoos in the list on the other days. The Pura D’Or shampoo contains a lot of effective ingredients (see below).
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge for male pattern hair loss
Around $28 for 16oz
- Contain ketoconazole: Hair Surge is one of the few hair loss shampoos that contains the powerful DHT blocker ketoconazole.
- Contains caffeine, which has been shown to reduce DHT when applied to the scalp
- Contain menthol: menthol helps reduce inflamamtion. Scalp inflammation strongly is linked to hair loss
- Niacin may help increase scalp blood circulation, which has also been shown to increase hair growth
- Saw palmetto has been shown to have positive effects on hair growth when applied to the scalp. Saw palmetto is a natural DHT inhibitor.
How to Trigger Rapid Hair Growth
Wick & Ström Premium Hair Loss Shampoo with Ketoconazole
Equal best shampoo overall
Around $16 for 12oz
- Contains ketoconazole , which kills the fungi that causes dandruff and other scalp conditions and is thought to promote hair growth by inhibiting DHT
- Contains saw palmetto, which may reduce DHT in the scalp
- Contains aloe vera, which contains many vitamins and minerals and enzymes that may benefit hair growth
- Contains niacin, which may help increase blood circulation in the scalp
- Contains biotin, which may aid in the production of cells in the scalp
Around $30 for 16oz
- Contains a blend of natural DHT blocking ingredients: saw palmetto , beta sitosterol , pygeum , nettle , soy isoflavones and pumpkin seed oil
- Contains biotin , rosemary oil , vitamin E and B-vitamin complex, which are thought to benefit hair health
- Contains he shou wu (fo-ti), which is thought to benefit hair growth
- Contains niacin , which may help increase blood circulation in the scalp
- Contains zinc, which is thought to help kill the fungus that causes dandruff