- Biotin is required for cellular growth. Healthy cellular growth is needed for hair growth and healthy skin appearance
- Biotin is required for the production of amino acids — amino acids are key to hair growth
- Biotin supplementation has be shown to increase hair growth and restore hair color
Many hair products contain biotin due to its benefits to the hair and scalp. These products include shampoos, conditioners and split-end prevention products. However there are mixed opinions on the effectiveness of such products because very little of the biotin is likely to be absorbed and used for hair growth compared with biotin attained through diet. Its has to be noted that generally supplements and indeed biotin from food have much more success being administered internally as opposed to externally in the problem area, in this case the scalp when treating hair loss.
You probably have sufficient biotin in your diet to keep yourself healthy. However, high stress levels, intense exercise and working long hours can all deplete your B vitamin levels.
How does biotin promote hair growth and hair health?Biotin has rejuvenation properties that aid in the development of new cells. This of course is where these properties come into the curing of hair loss. Not just rejuvenating the hair itself but the scalp too, which has a critical part of reversing hair loss. Although the hair treatments that are taken externally target these problem areas, as with any treatment internal consumption of Biotin is a more effective treatment.
Biotin helps your body feed your hair
Hair is made of keratin, which is a form of protein made from many amino acids. Biotin is used by the body to break down proteins you consume through diet into the amino acids needed to form keratin. Biotin is highly important as it is required for cellular growth as well as the production of fatty acids. It is also responsible for the metabolism for amino acids and fats. This role in cellular growth is one reason why biotin supplementation may be an effective element in the treatment of hair loss.
It’s the one vitamin in the body that acts on protein that is consumed to break it down into smaller chains of protein.HealthyHairPlus.com
Biotin can restore hair colorTaking up to 500Mg has been known to reverse hair greying. Although this is often associated with age there are many other factors that can cause grey hair. This is where biotin has many applications for hair improvement as it has a major role in cellular growth.
How to promote hair growth and better texture using biotinFollow these key points to maximise your hair health using biotin.
- Eat foods high in biotin every day. The top five foods highest in biotin are:
- Swiss Chard
- Almonds, walnuts and other nuts
- For more see Fit for a Day
- If you rate your stress levels above 7/10 and your hair is in poor condition take a high quality B vitamins supplement
- If you exercise intensely and regularly and your hair is in poor condition, take a B vitamins supplement and/or drink green drinks every day that you exercise intensely
Learn the secrets to promoting hair growthThere are five crucial secrets to incredibly healthy hair:
- Consume high volumes of the nutrients that help your body grow healthy, luscious hair and compensate for stress, hormonal imbalance, lack of sleep and long working hours with extra nutrients
- Increase blood flow to the scalp to send the nutrients to your hair
- Remove calcium from the scalp and reduce DHT in the scalp to prevent blood flow restriction to the hair follicles
- Balance hormones by feeding your body’s prostaglandins
- Maintain the lowest possible mental stress levels by training your mind to stay relaxed and focused even in hectic situations