A laser comb works by emitting a low power laser beam onto the scalp. Many combs have multiple beams. The scalp is exposed to the beams which helps promote hair growth. Studies have shown that increasing the action of a molecule called adenosine triphoshate may promote hair growth.
Adenosine triphosate is a molecule that carries energy from one cell to another. One typical example of its function can be found in photosynthesis of plants. The laser comb has a similar function to the cells found in your scalp. It carries energy to these cells that thickens existing hair and promotes hair growth.
There are lots of laser combs on the market, but which is the best?
Hairmax Laser Comb Pro 12
- Suited for both male and female hair loss
- Promotes increased hair health and re-growth with proven results
- Reduces Hair Loss
- Delivers 12 individual beams of Laser Therapy
- Rechargeable with Charging Cradle included
- Improves Hair condition resulting it fuller, thicker and healthier hair
- Requires no batteries, and can be charged in under 12 hours using the included charing cradle
- Can be difficult to get a charging connection
This is a very good product for me, as it really does work for me, noticed the difference already, been using it for just a bit less than a month, hair is thicker and seems to be more of it, already covering the bald spots, this as you can imagine I’m over the moon about!”
I bought the laser comb some 6 weeks ago. I have had some hair regrowth round the front which I am pleased about so will see how it goes. The 4 score was because the connection when you the laser comb in the stand to recharge is very bad and you have to move it around to get a connection.
How to Trigger Rapid Hair Growth
Enter your email address to get the secret to rapid hair growth.
Theradome LH80 PRO Laser Hair Growth Hat
- World’s Most Technologically Advanced Laser Hair Therapy Device for Home Use
- Same technology as a laser comb with the convenience and increased coverage of a hat
- 80 proprietary lasers that are optimized for the purposes of hair growth and can reach all problem areas
- Recommended by 4 out of 5 hair rejuvenation experts such as Bosley, Hair Club and other prominent medical clinics and high-end salons from all around the world
- Might be an expensive option for some
I love this helmet!
I have consistently used this helmet for for the past 6 months and am noticing that my hair is coming in thicker and fuller than ever before!
Read nextWhats the best shampoo for hair loss?
Wellay Home Hair Laser
- Revolutionary laser comb for men and women
- Will give you healthy hair again for the fraction of the cost of clinic or salon treatments
- 21 low powered multi wavelength lasers stimulate hair growth
- Provides thicker and shinier hair
- Shown to stop the progress of hair loss wit 85% of users
- Noticeable hair growth in as little as 12 weeks
- Show to increase hair volume by 25% with users
- Lightweight at only 144 grams
- May not be as effective in all cases of hair loss
Excellent delivery and very good instructions with this product. Have been using if for about 3 weeks, but only once a day. Have noticed hair loss when combing in the morning is less than before
Power Grow Hair Loss Laser Treatment Comb
Price: Around $30 – $80
- Unique vibration model
- This model is guaranteed to be effective
- Alternative to more costly treatments
- Users have noticed hair growth in as little as three weeks
- Red light which stimulates deepest part of scalp
- Blue light Regenerates Surface of Hair
- Laser Nourishes root of hair making hair thicker
- Vibrations: Increase blood flow
- This low-cost comb has some build quality issues
I am truly happy as it has regrown hair on the right hand side which is where I had the highest point on my head without any hair
This product wasn’t well made. The battery cover doesn’t fit properly on the comb. It comes with cheap accessories. The vibration from the comb is minimal and not able to make a difference on the scalp.
Hair Max LaserComb Advanced 7
- Ideal for hair loss in men and women of all ages
- Approved by FDA in 2007
- Strengthens improves and thickens hair
- Stimulates the regrowth of scalp hair
- Brand new 2010 model
- A revolutionary and safe treatment for men and women
- Can treat all forms of hair loss
- Advanced laser diode technology improves hair growth
It is improving hair condition and facilitates hair growth. To see a better results you must use Hairmax for a minimum of three months. I suggest you use Hairmax regularly and take some Garden of Life supplements like Raw Protein and Vitamin Code to support you immune system.
Lifemax Infrared Massage Hairbrush
- Uses infra red heat while brushing hair
- Has a vibrate massage function
- Promotes Health hair growth
- Attractive silver and black finish
- Encourages healthy hair growth
- Ergonomic design comfortable to use
- Vibration and infrared invigorates the scalp as you brush your hair
- Easy to use, like a regular brush
- Unclear whether it has benefits compared to conventional laser combs
It’s a brush: it’s great to use and I feel benefits from it. It has two movements of switch-one for the infrared and the other is vibration and infrared. I use mine for about a minute each morning and I’m pretty sure it improves the condition of the hair too. I had one before and I feel they are so good I bought another.
I brought this in November so I have used it for nearly 3 months. I have had quite a large hair growth although I purchased this as a result of my hair snapping horrifically due to bleaching. I wonder if it is more due to the fact that I haven’t bleached it and have been taking supplements and have spent hundreds on conditioners and shampoos and serums.”
Folinex Hair Massage Comb for Hair Loss
Price: Around $70 – $100
- Portable and lightweight
- Rechargeable unit
- Uses combination of ozone and impulse Technology
- Results in increased hair growth
- Reduces in appearance of hair loss
- FDA approval for man and women
- Clinically Proven in 92% of cases
- Uses LEDs not lasers
- Poor Instructions
I highly recommend this product having used it for hair loss. I had new hair growing in the patches on my head within 4 weeks. Within 3 months all the areas where I had hair loss were all growing back at a considerable pace
There are no products that create hair growth where the hair has been lost due to MPB. Only Minoxidil has been clinically proven to work.
HairMax Laser Comb Lux 9 For Women
- Promotes increased hair health and re-growth with proven results
- Delivers effective hair loss therapy with nine individual beams
- Rechargeable with the included charging cradle
- First home device to receive FDA approval to treat female pattern hair loss
- Reduces hair loss making hair thicker, fuller and healthier
- Can be charged in under two hours
- Been shown in trials in grow an average on 19 new hair per square centimetre
- Advanced Laser technology reinvigorates cells promoting new hair growth
- Only suitable for female pattern hair loss
I am 43 and have been suffering from thinning hair for 2 years now. I’ve tried the shampoos and therapy sessions but nothing has worked. I gave this a go just as I gave the others a go and although it can take a few months to start, it does work.
Many of the combs on the laser market do seem to be a substantial investment. Although there are cheaper models they do seem to present questionable results. The one thing to be aware of is that some of the lower priced laser combs are using infra red or LEDs rather than laser diodes.
Based on the buyer feedback the better known brands such as HairMax seem be give the best results, such as the HairMax Laser Pro 12 which gives a better standard of treatment using 12 individual laser diodes.
Before and After Using a Laser Comb
This guy has posted a video showing his hair before using a laser comb and after one year of using it three times per week. He seems to be using some kind of crazy custom made laser hat, but it should have the same effect as the laser combs featured on this page.
His hair growth after one year is not exceptional but it looks as though he has had some mild regrowth.
How to use a Laser Comb
Here is an instructional video from HairMax, showing you how to use a lasercomb. It also shows you how to clean your lasercomb. It’s important that you buy a product that is easy to clean. The HairMax Laser 7 has a detachable comb section, which makes it easy to clean. If you’re considering purchasing a laser comb make sure the one you choose is easy to clean — an unhygienic comb could do more harm than good.